What a weekend! As always, our more in-depth profiles of the projects will follow in the next few days, but while the dust settles, for those desperate to know more, here’s the inside skinny on what our amazing hackers made this weekend.
- These are not the charts you are looking for– @awjre made a dashboard to analyse food hygiene ratings, with real commercial applications for his business
- @bathplanning – @_duncan_ developed a twitter application which tweets all larger planning applications, another account @Bathallplanning
- BathAlerts – @jackmcconnell, @_nadnerb, @thomasfletcher and @michaeltremante made a tool for you to get personalised, monthly email alerts about things happening around your postcode in B&NES.
- Gavin Bryan – @GavinBryan made native apps (iOS/Android) to allow residents of Bath to interact with the Bath Hacked data.
- Annies’ Art App – our two Annies developed an outline for an app to encourage historical explorers through an iBeacon activated app & interactive large scale map.
- The Black Hole of Primary School Admissions – @stewart_jesse and his team mate hacked Data about the primary school admission process in the Bath region to make the process easier for parents
- Time Team – @SophieDrake and @torminalis made a timeline of Blue Plaques around Bath
- Miles and Felix –@ffffelix and @milesarmstrong made EAT A FOOD – “Bathonians are spoiled for lunch options. But sometimes all you want to do… is EATAFOOD.COM”
- Exposé – @SamClift and the team used open source data to analyse “What Bath spends its Money on”. Where, when and with whom..
- votetub –@chris_heward, @danielthepope and @issunboshi worked on making party/candidate info for 2015 local/general election (+ past results) accessible on one site.
- Featherweights – Matt and Jon made interactive visualisations to help make people engage better with Open Data
and last but not least…
- Cake Science – @ofcakescience came along to help us run things but due to the power of Open Data ended up hacking on books and libraries –
With so much awesome in one room, however did our judges do it?