Do you LOVE Bath? Do you want to make things better in your local area? Are you thinking about coming to our next event?
Bath:Hacked loves the environment and this is your chance to get involved!
The short version
Come and use data and technology to make the local environment even better.
- When: 09:00 Saturday 13th to 18:00 Sunday 14th February 2016
- Where: The very wonderful Guild Co-working hub in Bath City Centre
- Sign-up: We have released some extra tickets – get them quick!
Tell me more!
We have spent the last two years opening up data about Bath and North East Somerset. We have a load of examples of how data has made a real difference.
This February we are looking to come up with ideas to improve the local environment. We’ve heard from lots of incredible people about some of the local opportunities to really make a difference:
- We’ve already heard from experts about how energy data could help reduce demand and save everyone money.
- The Council has talked about smart energy and the opportunity to use locally generated energy as well as opportunities to make the most of our wonderful parks and green spaces.
- There’s still one more ideas day to go and there’s a chance to chat through your ideas with some hacking veterans at the pre-meet.
This hack is a creative, relaxed environment it provides a chance to work with developers, artists, community organisations and other interesting people to learn more and develop solutions to local issues.
- Thanks to our friends at IPL, we’re excited that our top prize is use of a box, with food and drink at a Bath Rugby home game for some of the winning teams.
- The fantastic people at RealWorld studios have offered 2 complimentary tickets to the 2015 WOMAD festival
More prizes and our categories to be announced!
All participants are eligible to enter, the only thing you’ll need is a short slide-deck prepared by about 15:30 on the Sunday.
We’ll be providing a free lunch on both days and refreshments will also be available.
Judges are to be confirmed, but will include some of the most influential people in the City, people committed to doing things differently.
None of this is possible without our incredible sponsors. Thanks to all of you!
For more information take a look through the rest of our coverage of the event, sign up to the event on meetup or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.